About Me

My photo
Where do I begin? I guess At the beginning! I live in beautiful Tasmania, Australia with my wonderful hubby, Matthew and our four angels (part time devils) Isaac, Reuben, Isabella, and Charlotte. Currently I'm a stay-at-home mum and I absolutely love that. Nothing else compares. I'm also studying the Master of Teaching part-time and I'm serving as the relief society president of our ward. I love being outside, especially in summer. I love big windows & lots of light. I love swimming, running and mowing the lawn! my favourite vegetable is carrots (or potatoes if mum's baked them) and I love fresh fruit salad. My most favourite thing to do is spend time with my precious family.

Monday, September 22, 2008

ER























I really hate it when my kids hurt themselves. I just want to take it all away, I wish we could trade places until it is over...

Because my kids know that I used to be a nurse, sometimes they expect me to be able to FIX all of their hurts and take away all of their pain. If only I could!!

Last week Charlotte had a trip to the Emergency Department at the RHH. She managed to fall off a chair, knock herself out (for about a minute - which feels like an eternity when it is your child) and cut her lip quite badly. Her teeth cut right through to the front and it also split along the bottom on the outside. It was very YUCKY and there was a LOT of blood and a lot of screaming and crying - Bella and Reuben were also home and very worried for their little sis.

Her bottom lip was sort of hanging there...uaugh! I was so worried she'd knocked out some teeth - When I was 2 I pulled my highchair down on top of myself and knocked out my two front teeth, as a result I have had a number of hassles with my teeth over the years so you could say I'm slightly paranoid about teeth coming out. No need to worry though all of Charlottes teeth were still in place, they hurt when she ate for a couple of days, but just fine now. I have been amazed at how quickly everything has healed. It's only a week tomorrow and you can hardly tell anything was wrong at all.

Back to the beautiful Charlotte we all

know and LOVE xxx





No comments: