Well exactly 10 years ago (I mean right now 8.40pm on July 29th, 1998) I was watching Blue Heelers and my waters broke!! Nothing happened for 2 hours then finally (I think from my excitement) contractions started. After a quick two hour labour Reuben Joel was born at 12.26am on July 30th - his due date. We were so excited to have a little brother for Isaac. And just check him out...doesn't he have the most kissable lips??
5 Years Ago...
We had been living in our 'new' house we built (big learning curve) at Mt Nelson for about 10 months and we had also added a daughter to our family, 'Beautiful Bella'. It was really exciting having the first girl in the family and the boys absolutely fell in love with her. It was also the year Reuben started kinder at Mt Nelson Primary and Isaac was in year 1.
5 Months Ago...
This was a difficult month for me...I was threatened at gun point when a man committed an armed robbery at the store where I work casually. It is really hard for me to explain to any one else what it feels like, what I experienced immediately after and during the next few weeks so I wont try. Suffice to say it was something I am trying (and succeeding) to put behind me. Now I guess I'm pretty much back to normal (whatever that is!). I have to say that I am so grateful for the wonderful counsellors at 'victims of crime' for their help, the Tassie police force who, in my opinion, were faultless, All of my friends and family, but especially my patient and loving hubby, Matt, and my four beautiful kids who just love me no matter what. Family just make life so much more worthwhile don't they????
5 things on my 'to do' list for tomorrow.
- Sing Happy Birthday to Reuben
- Watch Reuben open his pressies
- make Reuben's birthday cake
- take Reuben and his buddies to the movies
- Give Reuben an extra kiss and hug when he goes to bed.
5 bad habbits
- talking too much!
- leaving my hair straightner turned on
- falling asleep watching tv (I guess if I'm asleep technically I'm not watching it!?)
- saying 'YES' everytime I'm asked to do something - I'm working on this one though
- forgetting to eat when I get busy - actually it's more procrastinating and then it gets too late cause it's time for the next meal. Don't do this often but it's not good!
5 Places I've lived
Also easy 'cause I have only lived in 5 places!
- Savage River
- Glen Huon
- Mt Nelson
5 things people may not know about me:
- I have a Bachelor of Nursing
- I'm allergic to Mosquitoes
- I've never tried oysters
- I've done CPR on 'real' people
- I REALLY, REALLY wish I could sing (properly, not just keep a tune)!
5 people I tag
I guess it will have to be 4! - I'm new at this and I don't know anyone else who hasn't already been tagged