About Me

My photo
Where do I begin? I guess At the beginning! I live in beautiful Tasmania, Australia with my wonderful hubby, Matthew and our four angels (part time devils) Isaac, Reuben, Isabella, and Charlotte. Currently I'm a stay-at-home mum and I absolutely love that. Nothing else compares. I'm also studying the Master of Teaching part-time and I'm serving as the relief society president of our ward. I love being outside, especially in summer. I love big windows & lots of light. I love swimming, running and mowing the lawn! my favourite vegetable is carrots (or potatoes if mum's baked them) and I love fresh fruit salad. My most favourite thing to do is spend time with my precious family.

Thursday, March 4, 2010

Moving Right Along...

We set off from Merimbula and by the end of the day (the very end of the day) we were in Wadalba where Lou and Dan live. Wadalba is near Gosford, North of Sydney. We made lots of stops along the way and saw some of the most beautiful coast line. Some more posts to come with those pics. We also stopped by the Sydney Temple to look at the Christmas lights and dioramas set up there. There was also a carpark choir rehearsal going on at the same time so it was lovely to wander the temple grounds and have beautiful Christmas carols being sung in the background. It really helped us to feel the Christmas spirit. I was a little concerned that with all the traveling and sightseeing we would be doing over the time we are usually gearing up for Christmas it would overshadow this special time of year and that it wouldn't feel like Christmas at all. It was VERY late by the time we got to bed down that night but it was worth it just to be reminded of what Christmas is all about and to reflect on the birth, life, and death of the Savior.



We stayed with Dan and Lou for three nights (unfortunately these are some of the photos that were in my stolen camera bag!) and while we were there it was roasting hot so we spent two days on the beach and a day in a shopping centre and at the movies


Terrigal Beach - this is the place Matt really wanted to show us. It is a beautiful beach. By the end of the day though, I think Matt really wanted to forget this place. He got VERY sunburned. Having a fabulous time surfing with the boys and forgot to 'reapply'. I tried to tell him! Oh well a couple of sleepless nights did the trick and he became the Sunscreen Nazi (Second in command...I was the General)

Charlotte, Bella and I went to see 'Where The Wild Things Are'. We all laughed and cried and absolutely loved it. It is one of our favourite books so we were really excited when we heard it was being made into a movie. Being a book with mostly subtext I was interested to see how the movie would translate. It was fantastic.
Of course Matt, Isaac and Reuben went to see Avatar. No need to say anything really. Doesn't everyone love this movie? I can't speak from experience though. Despite the fact that nearly everyone I know has seen it twice, I missed out somehow!!


4 comments:

Claire said...

We love Terrigal beach. Always go for a visit when we are up at the Grandparents. Pearl bay is beautiful too, down south a bit further, near Woy Woy (it's my favourite)

Aimee said...

i love terrigal beach...our wedding photos were taken on those rocks so it brings back special memories for me- and how stinking hot it was that day!
Jimbo saw Avatar twice- once at school and once with me. I hadn't been to the movies in a year or so so I LOVED it!
enjoying catching up on your holiday posts...I've been out of the loop for a while so it's great to get back into it.
love all your photos

Ange Carmichael said...

We LOVED Where The Wild Things Are too!!
Like always we seemed to have just missed the boat to see Avatar in 3D, been saying for the last month lets go, but have had too much on to get there argh!
cool beach.

Bron Williams said...

how beautiful are the Temple lights.I miss seeing them.we loved 10 minutes from the Temple.
the kitchen!!!! aargh.
so gald everyhitng is ok
but yeah new tuff cool huh
hope all is well
xx
b
oh and thansk heeeaps for the butter chook recipe yum
xx