About Me

My photo
Where do I begin? I guess At the beginning! I live in beautiful Tasmania, Australia with my wonderful hubby, Matthew and our four angels (part time devils) Isaac, Reuben, Isabella, and Charlotte. Currently I'm a stay-at-home mum and I absolutely love that. Nothing else compares. I'm also studying the Master of Teaching part-time and I'm serving as the relief society president of our ward. I love being outside, especially in summer. I love big windows & lots of light. I love swimming, running and mowing the lawn! my favourite vegetable is carrots (or potatoes if mum's baked them) and I love fresh fruit salad. My most favourite thing to do is spend time with my precious family.

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

IS THE TRUTH REALLY OUT THERE?????




What are all these strange markings on our lawn ???

This is what the CIB did today after our encounter with what we, and they, believe to be extraterrestrials. Last night Matt and I had the weirdedst experience. It was close to midnight and suddenly our house went completely dark. It was very eerie. Then just as suddenly the brightest lights I've ever seen filled our living room. I can't really talk about what happened next, I'm still trying to process it really...
Actually I'm not processing it at all, I'm making it up as I go!!!!


The true story is...

In a month or so there will be an extension where Bella is standing in the photo above.

We are adding a family room.
Our family is growing and taking up more space.
They are bringing more friends home.
They are getting noisier.
We need somewhere to put them.
We need somewhere to hide from them.
We just need more room.

Where the window is in the photo below will become large double doors that will open into a lovely 7m x 5m living room.

The new room will also open onto a new deck which will aso be accessed from our existing living area. Our builder, who is also my cousin - Rory Wright from Southcoast Builders, came up today to mark it all out. Dad will do all of the excavation work on Saturday. Good ol' Dad is also going to help us put in some drainage through our back and side yards and level it all out.
This is so exciting. It's gonna be like a little renovation rescue weekend! I am so grateful for all of the help dad has (and will) give us. Matt and I will have to 'give back' a weekend to help mum and dad at 'the farm'.

I'll update as we progress.







9 comments:

The Kings said...

Oh wow - that IS exciting!

Debbie said...

Well you had me thinking for a while! Enjoy the excitement now coz very soon you will be thinking "what have we started" but then it will be finished and you will think it's great. Until you have to clean it! lol

Hannah Challis said...

so exciting Blanche - as I have already told you!! And the best thing is - you have so much yard, that i doubt you will even miss any of it!!! (especially when mowing the lawn!)

Nikki said...

Yes that is exciting!! I will be checking for more posts to see the progression. It's always good learning from others and seeing what works/looks effective etc. when it comes to renos and extensions.

The Lovell Family said...

Have you not learnt yet that you cannot hide from them ANYWHERE!!! Sounds like it will be great though...how exciting.

Bride said...

That's going to be awesome! Can't wait to see it too!
You guys really have a great spot there at Mt Nelson... close to everything!!! I'm a bit jealous!

Nettie's Blog said...

i deserved that...you had me there for a second (that was pay back for Nettie right???)....the bright light bit and the house going into darkness...WWWHHHOOOO...i thought it was Rory's Ghost paying you a visit...he he hehe (naughty me)
At least you are starting the reno at the right time of the year...lets hope the mud has time to dry and then there will only be the messy dust...

Elle said...

ok I have to admit I actually believed you... not at the start.. but in the middle bit when the lights came lol and then I felt stupid that it wasn't true... I did feel a little scared though and though 'man I am SO not babysitting up there anymore' hahah

ANYWAY, so your house reno's look awesome. I think you should make a video of it and show us all the sweet stages! Can't wait to check it out!!!

Aimee said...

it's going to look great. you've got the perfect spot there- all that backyard to just extend the house and make more room. handy to have your dads help too.
cant wait to see it in real life when it's all done. does that mean Christmas will be at your house from now on?! hehe