About Me

My photo
Where do I begin? I guess At the beginning! I live in beautiful Tasmania, Australia with my wonderful hubby, Matthew and our four angels (part time devils) Isaac, Reuben, Isabella, and Charlotte. Currently I'm a stay-at-home mum and I absolutely love that. Nothing else compares. I'm also studying the Master of Teaching part-time and I'm serving as the relief society president of our ward. I love being outside, especially in summer. I love big windows & lots of light. I love swimming, running and mowing the lawn! my favourite vegetable is carrots (or potatoes if mum's baked them) and I love fresh fruit salad. My most favourite thing to do is spend time with my precious family.

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Oh well...


Isaac has always wanted to learn how to play the guitar. Seeing as though we already pay for piano lessons I told him high school would probably be a good opportunity for that. I also said something like..."don't get sucked in to playing the trumpet".
Isaac is learining the TRUMPET!
His music teacher at high school told him he "has a knack for playing the trumpet"...I bet that's what he tells all the kids who miss out on the instrument they WANT to play!! Especially when he has no one interested in the trumpet but still has to assign three trumpets!!
It is quite a skill, to say the least, to do this instrument justice!!
I was a little disappointed for him that he missed out on the guitar. Apparently if you are having private lessons with an instrument you can't do the same one at school. Seeing as though most of his friends in the class have guitar lessons I thought he would have a pretty good chance of being able to learn his much loved guitar at school. Not so. Oh well, maybe next time.
Isaac is musically talented, but I don't think he realises this fully yet. He picks up new pieces on the piano very quickly and he has a lovely singing voice...getting him to sing when he was little was really easy, he loved it, now though it's just not 'cool'. I'm sure if Matt has anything to do with it though he will have all of his kids organised into a band before they know it!!

7 comments:

The Kings said...

lol - that is funny. Hopefully he can still learn the guitar sometime. The photo is cool too!

Ange Carmichael said...

Your kids dont happen to have piano lessons from the lady who lives next door to you, do they? Go the trumpet :)

Ange Carmichael said...

Oh Happy Birthday too (I was just reminded) hehe

Hannah Challis said...

Yeah - I am with you - that does kinda suck!!! I mean trumpet will be cool and a great thing to learn but the guitar is so much more useful!! But I'm sure he will learn the guitar with ease at some stage anyway!!!

Loving all your photos!

Bron Williams said...

aweseme photos Blanche
love the pebble on the beach and Isabella
you are very clever
so good Isaac is musical.what high school did you choose?
x
bron

Aimee said...

cool, go Isaac! it's not a guitar but at least he's playing an instrument and i bet he'll pick up the guitar later on in life if he has the desire.....for the last two years Jimbo has loved the guitar more than piano!
Love the beach photos, very clever...you've got a talent there. hope you can get into the nitty gritty soon at adult ed.

lauracritchfield said...

RS here has park days every Thursday - this last one there were only two of us there...lol. It was good though cause I got to know the lady a lot better cause I had to talk to her....LOL. Nice post - the walk looks good but boy does it look like it was a little cold