About Me

My photo
Where do I begin? I guess At the beginning! I live in beautiful Tasmania, Australia with my wonderful hubby, Matthew and our four angels (part time devils) Isaac, Reuben, Isabella, and Charlotte. Currently I'm a stay-at-home mum and I absolutely love that. Nothing else compares. I'm also studying the Master of Teaching part-time and I'm serving as the relief society president of our ward. I love being outside, especially in summer. I love big windows & lots of light. I love swimming, running and mowing the lawn! my favourite vegetable is carrots (or potatoes if mum's baked them) and I love fresh fruit salad. My most favourite thing to do is spend time with my precious family.

Thursday, June 11, 2009

F-F-F-F-FREEZING






This is the scene we were presented with from our dining room window yesterday morning! Despite dreaming of our summer holiday, we couldn't resist the allure of the snow, so we rugged up and took off up The Mountain. It was amazing up there, a bright sunny, albeit freezing, day and oh so beautiful. We had heaps of fun throwing snow balls, building snowmen, making snow angels, creating the biggest snowball EVER, looking for icicles, and getting our toes frost burnt.




When we got there the road was closed at the springs so we hung out there for an hour or so. As soon as the road to the pinnacle opened we were off. It was very blustery up there ( it felt like the skin on my face was being removed with an angle grinder) but amazing to see Mt Wellington covered in snow.



There was even snow INSIDE the lookout building. The boys even found snow up in the chimney of one of the little cabbins!!

The snow and wind had made some interesting patterns on the steel barrier cables and the grass plants, the rocks looks awesome - we thought they almost looked alive.



Once we were completely frozen to the bone we headed home for
HOT CHOCOLATES...mmmmmmmmmm


Don't ya just love Tassie?
I do.

9 comments:

Debbie said...

Its nice to look at the pics from inside where its nice and warm. Looks like fun though

The Kings said...

Tassie is a beautiful (but freezing at the moment!) place. I'm heading down tomorrow for the Youth Overnighter and am bringing lots of warm clothes!

Ange Carmichael said...

We LOVE that view too and our beautiful mountain!! Looks like we almost get the same view maybe a slightly different angle, I'll have to take a pic to compare :) - There are a few advantages to it being slightly cooler up here hey!! After a cold night Locke always pulls the loungeroom curtains open and gives us a mountain update; "Yep, snow on the mountain!"...We may have to venture up over the weekend if it's still there... Looks like you guys had fun anyway, cool pics of the snow covered cable and plants!

Elle said...

That looks AWESOMELY C...O....L....D. I am sitting here freezing and then I open your blog and find myself more freezing!! Looks WAY fun though. Thats a really nice photo of you and Reuben!!

Nikki said...

Good old Tassie!! I prefer summer so much more than winter but at least we can take the kids up the snow!!!
Your holiday sounds like it's gonna be fun. :)

Hannah Challis said...

It really is strange thinking that its snowing there whilst warm here!! I didn't think it was snow time yet - but I guess it is winter!! Your photos looks great. x

kimmers said...

Wow that is gorgeous. I love snow. Did you know I never got to see snow on Mt. Wellington? Crazy aye?

Aimee said...

can't believe there was snow inside the lookout!! fantastic photos, especially that huge snow ball...wanted to take eli up there but didn't think to pack snowy gear until we were in Oatlands!
did you make that beanie you're wearing?....love it!

Stephen and Chernoa said...

How FUN:) i really want to go up to the snow next tiem we get some. it is so beautiful.

Ohhh and actually steve has 2 brothers, but you will see that in the post to come:)

still want photos but atm we are both a bit sick and are trying to stay out of the cold. Soon though:)