About Me

My photo
Where do I begin? I guess At the beginning! I live in beautiful Tasmania, Australia with my wonderful hubby, Matthew and our four angels (part time devils) Isaac, Reuben, Isabella, and Charlotte. Currently I'm a stay-at-home mum and I absolutely love that. Nothing else compares. I'm also studying the Master of Teaching part-time and I'm serving as the relief society president of our ward. I love being outside, especially in summer. I love big windows & lots of light. I love swimming, running and mowing the lawn! my favourite vegetable is carrots (or potatoes if mum's baked them) and I love fresh fruit salad. My most favourite thing to do is spend time with my precious family.

Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Typing



I'm so sick of doing this!
Today I finished writing my last assignment for the year...
Hooray! I'm half way.
Last week I enrolled for next year...upping the anti, slightly, by enrolling in full-time study.
A couple of days later I thought to myself, "who are you kidding?"  I realised I was feeling tired with the grind of listening to lectures, participating in tutorials ( I have to because no one else talks! and they all want a job standing in front of people talking for a living - go figure??) reading long arduous chapters and articles, in journals I've never heard of, and writing never-ending assignments.  So I got it in to my head that if I study full time next year it would all be over sooner and I could get on with the fun stuff.
It didn't take me long to knock some sense into myself.  Don't get me wrong I'm not underestimating my ability - I know I could do it...I just don't want to.  I enjoy having time to do other things and even though many of the readings I have to do and lectures I have to listen to are a little on the boring side (mostly because they are so repetitious) I am enjoying the learning.  I think I might not enjoy it so much if I was even more time-poor.  I need time to spend with my family, to clean my house, do the washing, take the dog for a walk, cook dinner, bake for school lunches, read my scriptures, read the ensign, pray, serve others, re-organise the visiting teaching list (again!) go visiting teaching and try to fulfil my calling.  I know if I studied full time I wouldn't have time for most of these things and they would be put on the back burner. That's not really an option.  So...I'm going to enjoy my few weeks off, I'm going to go to the temple, visit my sister, do a bit of shopping, get my sewing machine out, get in the garden, wash the dog (actually that has been on the back burner for a while now...oops) bake stuff, clean out the cupboards, paint the kids bedrooms, and get fit...actually full-time study is starting to sound like an easier option now!

P.S I spend so much time typing it could almost be considered a super power.  If anyone ever needs something typed up...I'm your [super]woman :)


4 comments:

SuiGeNeRiS Speaks said...

I studied full time the first semester of this year and I have three children (9, 8, 5)....it was soooo hard, lucky my husband was an amazing help. I plan to do it again next year - but I am fearing it is like child birth...you forget how bad it is afterwards but once you start again - all the pain memories come flooding back.

I think it is a fine balancing act - I don't want to miss out on my family, or the other things that bring joy to my life just to fast track my education. I most certainly do not want to be stressed and frazzled for 13 weeks straight.

Nettie's Blog said...

i was thinking about going back to so something at UNI well i did say thinking......welcome back to the world of lay back living ...my world..XXXX

The Kings said...

It's good you are able to make a decision about what works best for you and your family. It's sometimes easy to just do something without realising the affect it's having on yourself and everyone and everything else around you. Life is hard, but especially hard when things are really out of balance. Hope next year works out how you are hoping for it to be, and you feel on top of everything. xxx

Anita said...

It's empowering when you are planning to spend your time doing what you want/need to do! Enjoy your break but make sure you relax at least a bit so you don't need a holiday after the holiday ;)